How to store fishing equipment – tips and tricks
When the fishing season comes to an end and frozen lakes appear, it’s time to set aside all of your fishing equipment. However, you can’t just set aside your rods, reels, tackle boxes and boat for the offseason. If you want them to survive the offseason, you will have to learn how to store fishing equipment! Fear not, this isn’t hard to master at all! All you have to do is read our guide, write the tips in it and follow them! You’ll see how simple storing is! So, buckle up! it’s time to learn everything about storing fishing equipment.
Prepare your fishing equipment for storing
Whether you’ve decided to store your equipment for during the offseason or you want to store it for a longer period of time, you’ll need to do it the right way. One of the first things you’ll have to do before storing is to decide whether you’ll keep your fishing gear inside your home or you’ll get a long term storage New York. If you find making this decision hard, let us tell you more about the advantage of getting storage units.
These units were carefully built to keep everything you store inside safe and secure. And, unfortunately, no one can assure you that your equipment will survive being stored inside your garage or shed. Therefore, we have to say that our vote goes to storage units this time.
Preparing fishing equipment for storing with ease
As soon as you find a place where you’ll store your fishing equipment, you’ll need to prepare it for storage. Keep in mind that if you just store your equipment and skip this step, it could get damaged inside the unit! And, this is something you want to avoid at any cost.
- Preparing the reel – snip the used line. This is the part that shouldn’t be used again. In case you skip doing this, the salt and grease could attract unwanted guests to your storage. Remove the reel from the rod and wash it in hot water.
- Preparing the rod – wash it thoroughly. While your reel is drying, wash your rod with a toothbrush and rinse it off in warm water. when the rod is dry, you can apply a coat of wax that will keep it safe during the storing time. You should learn how to maintain your rod if you want to use it for a longer period of time. Put everything back together once you make sure that all parts are completely dry.
Follow the most important tips for storing fishing equipment
Whether you want to move an office with the help of commercial movers NY or you just want to store some of your belongings, you will have to learn how to pack properly. And, when it comes to packing and storing fishing equipment, there are some tips that can make packing easier. Here are some of them:
- Replace any gears that are worn before storing your equipment.
- To keep your rods from bending, store them vertically.
- Keep your fishing equipment at room temperature.
- Replace bent hooks or sharpen them.
- Kleen your knives and sharpen them for the next season.