The things people usually store in short-term storage units
There are many reasons why you would want to be able to place some of your belongings in a short term storage unit. However, before you rent one of these units, it would be best to get informed about them and things people usually store in short-term storage units. Worry not, you can learn all of these things right in this blog! So, if you are planning to get a short-term storage unit in the near future, make sure to keep reading!
What is the difference between a short term and long term storage unit?
Before you decide whether you should get New York short term storage or not, you will need to learn more about these units and how they are different from long-term storage units. So, what is the difference between a short-term and long-term storage unit?
- Short-term storage unit – a facility in which you can keep your precious belongings for no more than three months. Bear in mind that both long-term and short-term units can be climate controlled in case you want to store some sensitive goods.
- Long-term storage unit – a facility in which you can keep your precious belongings for more than three months. They are perfect for keeping items that you don’t use on a regular basis.
The main reasons why people get short-term storage units
There is a high demand for short-term storage units. Because of their popularity, it is important to know when you should use them and which things people usually store in short-term storage units. Many students opt for these units at the end of their school year. They get packing service New York, move out of their dorm and place some of their belongings here until they beginning fo the next school year. In addition to this, they are great for short home remodeling projects, storing seasonal items, and placing some of your moving boxes after the move when you don’t have the tie to unpack them right away.
Things people usually store in short-term storage units
We, at Verrazano Moving and Storage, have been in the industry long enough to learn which things people usually store in short-term facilities and have made the list of the most common ones. Who knows, maybe this will tell you that you tops should think about getting one for yourself. And if you do want to get one, feel free to contact us at any time!
But, there is no need to rush. First, let’s find out which things most people store in short-term storage units.
- Furniture. It seems like we all like to get a new piece of furniture from time to time. You can buy a replacement for your old furniture and place the new piece in your home while storing the old one. This will buy you some time until you decide whether you should sell or give away your old furniture.
- Seasonal items. These items can be found in almost every short-term storage! But, if you are thinking about storing seasonal clothing, we suggest making moth repellent sachets before doing this. Better safe than sorry.
- Toys. In case your kids have a mountain of toys (which we’re sure they have), think about storing some of them. You can separate the ones they don’t use anymore and place them in a storage unit until you give them to someone in need.
- Motorcycles and other vehicles. Most people opt for storing their motorcycles and bikes during the winter season. This is a great option for those who live in apartments or homes with no garage space.