When should you start packing for a relocation
Are you getting ready to relocate? If you have been reading our blog carefully, then you already know that you should start packing for a relocation way ahead of time. But, what does ahead of time really mean? For some, “ahead of time” could mean a couple of months before the move, while for others it could mean a week before the move. So, what is the right answer? Read on to learn more!
The importance of starting to pack for the move on time
Moving from one place to the other has to be organized seamlessly. You will need to have a plan, a moving schedule and to stick to it as much as possible. And, to do so, you will need to have some good time-management and organizational skills. Of course, you can always put reliable residential movers Staten Island in charge of your relocation! However, even if you have professionals by your side, you will still need to stick to the timeline. This is what will help you avoid problems and it will take the moving stress away.
The ultimate packing timeline
In order to stick to your schedule, you will need to start packing for the move on time. Trust us, there is nothing worse than leaving this task for the day before the move or having to pack on the day of your relocation. So, to avoid any hassle we have decided to help you out! You were wondering when should you start packing for the move and here is your answer! This is the ultimate packing timeline that will help you relocate with ease.
- 6 to 8 weeks before the move – this is when you should start to declutter your home. Make sure to start from the most challenging rooms, such as the garage and kitchen. Also, this is when you should start your search for reliable moving companies Brooklyn.
- 4 to 6 weeks before the move – an ideal time for selling the stuff you don’t need anymore. You can try selling them online or, even better, organize a garage sale! After doing this, make sure to gather the necessary packing supplies.
- 1 month before the move – as soon as you get quality moving boxes, you will be ready for packing! You should start packing items you don’t use on a daily basis, such as seasonal items.
- 2 weeks before the move – this is the perfect time to start organizing your important documents. Make sure to get moving insurance and pay your bills.
- 1 week before the move – have you packed all of your belongings? If you haven’t, make sure to do it as quickly as possible!
- 1 day before the move – if you have been following our guide carefully, all of your boxes will be packed and sealed on the day before the move. Make sure to check whether everything is packed and whether all of your boxes are labeled.
As you can see, packing is a very important part of the move and needs to be done carefully. So, if you were wondering when should you start packing for a relocation, you have got your answer. Now, your goal will be to try and pack for the move by following our guide. And don’t worry, if this task makes you feel overwhelmed or it stresses you out, simply get our packing service New York. Our experts will take care of this task in no time!