Packing and moving IT equipment 101
Are you ready to relocate your office space? If you are getting ready for the office move, packing and moving IT equipment will be the most time-consuming part. Besides being sensitive and delicate, IT equipment is not easy to disassemble. For this reason, you should make a packing plan and start doing in one step at a time. Keep reading out guide and learn how to do it with ease.
Prepare your IT equipment for the move
Before packing and moving IT equipment, you should prepare it and secure it for transportation. If you haven’t done it already, make sure to call reliable local movers New York to help you with this process. A good moving company can safely de-wire your electronic equipment and provide the right packing supplies.
In case you decided to handle the inventory yourself, make sure to do the following:
- Backup all important information before disconnecting devices.
- Pull out all the cables and tape them together. By doing this you will save time on finding the right cable after unpacking.
- Remove any power source (like batteries) from your IT equipment. For safety reasons, of course.
- Find packing supplies. Or even better – original packaging.
- Sort out appliances, cables, and devices to pack them into moving boxes. Save your time and enjoy a stress-free unpacking process.
In order for moving IT equipment to be a success, you will need to plan the packing process. Keep reading to find out how to do it with ease.
The process of packing and moving IT equipment
The most important thing you should do before moving IT equipment is to pack your electronics for the move. Here are some tips for doing it with ease.
- Pack your IT equipment pieces by size. The biggest pieces should be packed first.
- Put smaller parts into Zip Lock bags and label them.
- Use zip ties to fix cables together.
- Make sure to use enough protective materials when packing IT equipment.
- Don’t overfill the moving boxes. The last thing you need is for your equipment to break or damage during transportation.
No matter how skilled you are with packing IT equipment, you should consider hiring professional packers New York. Since this type of inventory is sensitive to transport, professional packers can save you a lot of time on packing. Besides, moving companies most often guarantee the safety of sensitive items by offering a moving insurance quote. Consider paying for a moving service and you will save yourself from many troubles.
How to transport IT equipment safely?
Unless you have just a few electronic devices to transport, you should let this job to the professionals. Brooklyn movers with experience will know how to handle every piece of equipment the right way. Don’t waste time and risk damaging your IT equipment. Instead, make sure to let packing and moving IT equipment for professionals to handle.